I’ve been seeing blogs doing the Liebster Award since I started blogging and have always wanted to have a go myself. I was so so happy when three nominations came along at once! Liv, Larissa and Georgia have all nominated me to do it, so definitely check out their amazing blogs!
1. What inspired you to create your blog? I’ve been reading blogs for years, whether it was Zoella, or Tanya Burr or just random ones off the internet that had reviews of products I was interested in. I always wanted to have a go myself and so I just eventually thought, why not!
2. If you could be any celebrity, who would you be and why? Oooh this is a hard one. I think I would probably be the Queen because I am SO intrigued about her life. Does she choose her own outfits in the morning? Does she watch TV? Does she get breakfast made for her? How else would I ever find out!?
3. What TV show could you rewatch over and over again? I have a lot of favourite TV shows, but there are only a few that I can watch again and again without getting bored of them. One of those is definitely friends – I have watched the whole box set so many times I can’t even count! The jokes never seem to get old, and there are so many episodes that I don’t think I’d ever be lost for one to watch.
4. Any advice for people who want to start blogging but don’t know where to even begin? I would say just start! Sign up for an account and start making posts. I think that the hardest step is just starting and if its something you really want to do, you’ll be able to figure out the rest along the way!
5. What was/is your favourite school subject and why? I’m weird in that I had a lot of subjects that I really liked. I enjoyed science, art, psychology and history, but I guess I have to say that my favourite subject is chemistry because that’s the one I’m studying at uni. I like it because it kind of includes a lot of subjects within so you never get stuck studying just one thing.
6. What’s your favourite season? Why? My favourite season is winter. I prefer being cold to being hot by a long stretch, so winter is definitely going to be my favourite season. My birthday’s during winter, so is Christmas and I just love the warm drinks, cosy clothes and Christmas movies that are only acceptable during the winter months!
7. If you could travel to any period of time where would you go? Into the past or the future? I would definitely go into the past. At the moment I’m not sure I even want to know about the future, whereas I’ve always been curious about what the past was like. I would be so interested to go back to the 20s, or even the Tudor times just to see what life was like.
8. What are your dreams/goals which you hope to achieve? I’d really like my blog to be successful, I’d love to be able to work with brands in the future and maybe even earn an income from it. I’m aware that this is quite ambitious but I can always dream! In other areas of my life, I’d love to get a first or 2:1 in my degree and get my dream job (haven’t quite decided what that is yet!)
9. What beauty product could you not live without? Probably my Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I find that mascara makes such a difference to how I look and this one is my current fave.
10. Bold eye or a bold lip? Bold eye definitely!
11. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go? At the moment I really want to visit Japan, it looks so beautiful and interesting so I think it would make a fab holiday!
1) Tell us about your blog, and what inspired you to start it? I’ve answered why I started my blog above, but it’s a mix of different niches. I post about beauty, lifestyle, travel, university advice etc!
2) If there’s a takeaway you want visitors to leave your blog with, what is it? I want them to leave knowing a bit more about whatever I’ve posted about, whether that’s a beauty product, a country or a skincare item!
3) How do you create new content, when it seems like everything has already been done? I don’t really think about what’s already been done when I’m deciding what to post. I just write about things I enjoy and hope that people want to read it!
4) What is the biggest advantage of being a blogger? Being able to talk about things I love, and reading other people’s blogs as well!
5) How did you pick your blog name? It’s my pen name!
6) If you could have dinner with 5 celebrities who would they be and why? Barack Obama, Phillip Schofield, Zoe Sugg, Jennifer Lawrence and Cole Sprouse.
7) What is your all time favourite dessert? Banoffee Pie.
8) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? I’d love to live in a penthouse in London. I’ve recently fallen back in love with London – I love that there’s always something to do and I think the views from a penthouse would be amaaaazing!
9) What is your favourite animal and why? I love giraffes because they’re always so gangly and awkward, but as a pet I would love a dog!
10) What do you want to accomplish in this life? This is such a hard question because I haven’t really decided yet! I think that success to me just means being happy with whatever I’m doing, so as long as I’m happy I think I’ll feel accomplished/
11) What are you reading right now? I’ve just finished the Handmaid’s Tale (which was an amazing book) and have started 1984.
12) Would you explore the deep-sea or outer space? The idea of the deep sea really scares me so I would probably prefer to visit outer space! I think it would be cool to experience zero gravity!
1) What made you want to start your blog? I’ve answered this above!
2) What is one thing you dislike about blogging? I think that the fact that its easy to get bogged down with numbers and to compare yourself to how everyone else is doing. I have to remind myself that as long as I keep enjoying what I’m doing then followers/views etc don’t really matter!
3) If you could do anything for one day what would it be? I would say that my favourite day would probably be just at the beach with friends, maybe swimming in the sea and having a barbecue.
4) What is your main goal for the next 10 years? I would like to graduate university, go on a gap year (travel and work in another country) and then hopefully get onto a graduate scheme in an industry that I love.
5) What is your dream job? I honestly have no idea! Luckily I have 4 years at university to figure this out, because if I had to choose a career now I wouldn’t know where to start. At the moment I’m thinking of banking or something in the civil service, but I change my mind on this about five times a day so who knows!
6) What is one thing that you should be more prevalent in the blogging community? I think that talking about real issues that affect our lives would be something that I’d love to see more posts about. I can’t talk because I haven’t done any of these posts myself, but I know that for me, reading posts like this that I can relate to makes me feel so much better. Knowing that other people go through similar things to you is so reassuring.
7) What is your favourite blog post to read? This changes all the time, but my favourite type of blog post is either ones about people’s holidays or makeup reviews! I love reading posts about products that I’m thinking of buying because they always help me to make up my mind about whether it is worth it.
8) If you could buy one thing, price regardless what would it be and why? I would love to buy the perfume Rain by Clean. It costs like £80, which is something I couldn’t justify at the moment, but is one of my favourite scents and I would love to own it!
9) Where is your favourite place to go out for dinner? I’m not a massive foodie, but I love Turtle Bay. I love the decorations and ambience in their restaurants, and the food and cocktails are some of my favourite ever! I especially love that they have such a long happy hour where drinks are two for one!
10) What is your favourite form of social media and why? For posting, my favourite is Twitter because you can just post whatever is on your mind and it’s super easy to interact with other bloggers on there. For scrolling through, I love instagram. Some people’s feeds are so aesthetic and their pictures are so beautiful that I love just scrolling through them!
My questions are:
- Tell us about your blog, and what inspired you to start it?
- If you could travel to any period of time where would you go? Into the past or the future?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you go?
- If you could have dinner with 5 celebrities who would they be and why?
- How did you pick your blog name?
- What are you reading right now?
- What is your main goal for the next 10 years?
- If you could buy one thing, price regardless what would it be and why?
- What is your favourite form of social media and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world who would it be and why?
- What is your dream job?